Thursday, December 25, 2008

Three Things Thursday - part II

It's Christmas! And as I wait for the dryer to stop running, I thought I would post a quick blog.

Three things.

1. We made a birthday cake for Jesus .... and it's still sitting on the kitchen counter, uncut, uneaten. Why? Because we went to a fellow "family-less" friend's for lunch...and had Baked Alaska birthday cake instead!

2. The kids had a wonderful Christmas. I heard, "Just what I always wanted!" three times, all from Hannah. :) Apparantly, a "Hello Kitty" toothbrush, a miniature doctor's coat (made by Grandma,) and a doctor's - excuse me - ANIMAL doctor's kit, all fit the bill. :) Isaac was thrilled with his matchbox cars and Thomas toothbrush (why, oh, why did I show him it played music.) And I got my GPS system! :) Chris got socks...well, he needed them, had asked for them, and I had given all my other good ideas to his mom. :) He'll get something else when I figure out what it is! :)

3. I was disappointed with our Christmas service at church. No hymns, a strange play about "Christmas Town," and a churchwide "snowball" fight. ("Mom, these aren't real snowballs! They're just balls!") Yep, three things I didn't like about it. We'll try the Lutheran Church next year!

2 comments:

~*Michelle*~ said...

Hi there! Merry Christmas (one day late!)

Love your blog and too funny about your Christmas service!

Blessings~
*~Michelle~*

Lynds said...

JEN!!! You have a blog!!!! Most awesome, I'm adding you to my feed so I can follow along with you!

Sorry your Christmas service wasn't what you hoped for. :/

Glad that you are home safe in Texas, and that Tx is feeling like home, that's a good feeling. I can understand telling Hannah that she needs to obey you, my kids get all gooped up when with family and out of their normal routine, I'm sure 3 weeks would make that 10x more so. Wish we could of gotten together before I moved off. Definitely a bummer, and hope we can hang out again sometime. I'm elated at the blessing of your nephew, my heart is so happy for your sister.