The first two weeks of June were filled with swimming lessons and time outside! My kids love love love love to be outside. Chalk, paint, swings, slides, bikes...you name it, we do it.
So we started our mornings with 8:30 am swim lessons. We did three sessions of two weeks of lessons for 30 mins. At the time I registered them, 8:30 didn't seem so bad. Only 30 mins early than school starts, and they only have to have swimsuits on, and they don't have to have hair combed....well.... I forgot that they wouldn't be falling asleep as quickly because of evening sunshine, and I forgot that swimming lessons were going to be a good 10 mins further than school, and I forgot that my kids don't move all that quickly. Well, maybe I didn't forget that part, just ignored it.
But they love to swim! And they loved their lessons. So we spent most mornings running out the door with dry cereal in a ziplock baggie to be eaten in the van. :) Luckily, my friend Dorothy had registered her daughter for the same time, so there were a number of times that she saved me from having to drag David along too.
Isaac was registered for the Pre-K class but I knew they wouldn't keep him there for long. The Pre-K class is supposed to be for ages 3-5 and covers blowing bubbles, splashing water, etc. And Isaac was really beyond that last summer already. So about 10 mins into the first lesson, I see Isaac being led over to the Level 1 group. :) Yep, my 3 year old is swimming with the big kids now. :) So he spent the first 2 sessions in the Level 1 class, and then for the final session of the summer, he was in Level 2. Way to go, Big Boy!
Hannah repeated Level 2 for the first two sessions and then moved up to Level 3 for the final session. Hannah is a great swimmer and very comfortable and confident in the water. She loves to dive for rings, jump off the diving board, swim underwater, and pretend to be a mermaid. She just doesn't care so much for perfecting a certain stroke. :) I think she will always be my free spirit. :)
David? We spent most mornings eating babyfood in his stroller and then getting rushed home for a nap. :)
1 comment:
Wowza...look at how big they are! Swim lessons look like they were a blast! Glad to see you blogging again, mama!
Post a Comment