
I've been following this blog for a little while and decided today was the day to do my own letter.
Dear Dr. So and So,
I'm so glad that my name was referred to you by a clinic I actually like working at. Clinic "A" has a great staff, is an easy drive, and pays me as I walk out the door. They practice high quality medicine and have a great set-up. When they want to book me, they usually call 1-2 months in advance and call to confirm.
Now, I know you are new to the whole "scheduling a relief doctor" thing, but let me tell you how it usually works. If you call me, and ask on Thursday if I'm available to work Saturday, the answer is probably "no." Saturdays mornings, as I told you, book up pretty quickly. When I told you in early September, that I was booked on Saturdays until Nov 20th, I was telling the truth. So to call, on a weekly basis, to check my availability for Saturdays, does not endear you to me. Especially since you told me you would be paying 60% of what Clinic "A" pays!
You decided to call ~again~, this time about a week day, and my darling husband answered the phone and just passed it to me (!!), and I caved. Yes, I will work for you! But please, back off! You see, you are located 45 mins away, when there is ~no~ traffic, and I know that on a weekday, there will be! You are paying me less as well. So, my sitter will have to come earlier, leave later, but will still charge me the same rate. So on top of the pay cut you have so kindly extended to me, I'll be taking home even less.
And, no, I will not be making an extra trip down to your clinic to "meet and greet." Trust your referrals. I'm an excellent doctor. I will show up on time. I will practice good medicine. I will keep immaculate records. And frankly, the thought of loading up my kids for a 1.5 hour round trip, only to chat with you in between appointments for 5 mins....not that appealing.
And, by the way, after working for you that one time, I'm pretty sure that even if you have the best clinic in the whole world, we're "not going to be a good fit for each other."
So, enjoy your weekend away, I'll be there at 8 am, and I'll take great care of your patients and clients. But please, throw away my business card!
Sincerely,
Dr. D.
3 comments:
Oh wow. A longer drive and less pay? That does not make sense for you to have to put forth that effort w/out being rewarded financially. Good luck, I hope jobs closer to you show up.
Thanks so much for linking up!
GOOD letter. Feel better? Venting always helps. "Give em an inch and they'll take a mile"
Jen! I'm rediscovering your blog and having so much fun reading :) The post about David tearing the paper up and it being YOUR fault made me laugh. . .so true :)
Post a Comment