Yep, imagine that. The little girl who had one point had over 30 of the rubber/stuffed variety, now has a real duck in her back yard. Thankfully, we're only duck-sitting for her friend Natalie from school.
Daffy (whom Hannah has renamed "Hannah" for the week) arrived at Natalie's house about a month ago. He was either blown into their yard after a storm or dumped after Easter (people are crazy I tell you.) He's a little brown duck that is definitely not tame.
He was living in their garage and swimming in their bathtub once a day. But I decided it was getting too hot to stay in our garage and the kiddy pool would be a much more sanitary place to swim. Unfortunately, with two big dogs in the backyard, we've had to finagle (is that a real word) a little place for him to hang out. While building said structure we had a little mishap with the dogs and the duck. I came around the corner of the garage to the sound of two little girls wailing and Lisa yelling, "Bella, no! Buddy, no!" Fortunately, Daffy seems no worse for the mouthing/chasing and is happily paddling around the pool. We're at 36 hours and counting, so hopefully he'll make it until next Monday!
1 comment:
We fish sat and dog sat, but I can't imagine duck sitting!
Post a Comment