Are you sensing a pattern here? Yep...just got back from urgent care, yeah rah!
Chris called me at work, "Do we have Benadryl?"
Yeah, why? I think Hannah is having an allergic reaction to her antibiotics, either that or she's got a lot of bug bites. What's she doing? Well, she's got big splotches all over her body. Huh, well, do you think she needs to go to the doctor? Nah (yeah, that's a Dad for you) she's playing and fine. Okay...well, I guess I'll see you when I get home.
I rolled in around 1 and took one look at her, loaded her up in the van and off we went to Urgent Care. What Daddy had failed to mention was that she had the "splotches" on the palms of her hands and on the soles of her feet. After a short wait (really, 15 minutes on a Saturday afternoon isn't too bad) we were seen and told that since it's so late into the antibiotics (for the Scarlett Fever) it's more likely Coxsackie Virus (Hand Foot and Mouth is a version of it). And here's the kicker...since the incubation period is 10-14 days....we probably picked it up at the doctor's office when we went in for the SF! ARG!! So we'll just wait for the sores in her mouth to form....joy joy....
Chris called me at work, "Do we have Benadryl?"
Yeah, why? I think Hannah is having an allergic reaction to her antibiotics, either that or she's got a lot of bug bites. What's she doing? Well, she's got big splotches all over her body. Huh, well, do you think she needs to go to the doctor? Nah (yeah, that's a Dad for you) she's playing and fine. Okay...well, I guess I'll see you when I get home.
I rolled in around 1 and took one look at her, loaded her up in the van and off we went to Urgent Care. What Daddy had failed to mention was that she had the "splotches" on the palms of her hands and on the soles of her feet. After a short wait (really, 15 minutes on a Saturday afternoon isn't too bad) we were seen and told that since it's so late into the antibiotics (for the Scarlett Fever) it's more likely Coxsackie Virus (Hand Foot and Mouth is a version of it). And here's the kicker...since the incubation period is 10-14 days....we probably picked it up at the doctor's office when we went in for the SF! ARG!! So we'll just wait for the sores in her mouth to form....joy joy....
No comments:
Post a Comment